Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #17545
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
The call of the gospel is to repent of your sins and believe on him who paid the price for the sins of all those who come to believe in him. "For God so loved the world that he GAVE his only begotten so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life". The Father offers forgiveness and redemption through his Son.

But would God be very loving if he forced people to believe on him? God sends no one to hell. Unrepentant sinners freely choose that option for themselves.

C.S. Lewis wrote on hell:

There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy
will be done.' All that are in hell choose it. Without that self-choice, there could be no hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. To those who knock, it is opened.

How can you blame God for your choices?

Finally, Jesus taught about hell more than all the apostles combined! So there is a "real connection" PLUS. I would suggest that this demonstrates his love for sinners. True love doesn't cover up or conceal danger to which others are exposed. To the contrary: True love shouts "fire" when the packed theater is really on fire.
Pay attention Boxie.We were discussing Bruno being burned alive by the "church".I was not referring to "hell" I was referring to the "church" burning people alive at the stake for holding "improper" beliefs.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)