Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 08:27 PM   #11
KyRacer

Tom

Nathan does sell upgrades. I recently bought the upgrade. I had bought one of the real early versions around 2002, before the Formula View version. I was using another product at the time and didn't really get into that much. After all these years Nathan honored the upgrade price. I haven't bought the Data base program yet, but probably will.

I know a little bit about basic programming but not enough to build a program from the ground up. Instead of having to code import, storage, display, printing, scratch, paceline selection and many other routines, one can concentrate on the formulas and what and how you want information displayed on the grids. This looks like a good platform to build a program the way you would like it to work and look. I've always like the way Multicaps looked and worked. Something along that style with more information and arrange differently. I like information display on a grid with ranking numbers beside the rating figures. Also, would like to be able to sort on most columns. I think those things can be done in EquiSim. Now I have to make time to upgrade my programming skills.

Before I bought the upgrade, I downloaded the demo and tried it out on a file I had from Oakland Park Jan 28. I downloaded the demo version, loaded the file, took out scratches and ran the simulator with no adjustments. The sim charts had the winner of 6 of 9 races right on top, including 3 longshots. Hit the last pick 4. Unfortunately, I ran it on Jan 29. It may not have another day quite that good, but it made for a good selling point. I upgraded.

Race1: 5 Surprise Prize 25.60 12.00 8.40
Race4: 8 Oso Ready 8.60 4.80 3.20
Race6: 1 Five O One 3.40 3.00 2.40
Race7: 10 Big Red 37.60 13.80 8.60
Race8: 2 Awesome Gal 31.00 11.00 6.40
Race9: 4 Like a Haint 9.80 5.20 4.00

$.50 Pick 4 (1-10-2-4) (4 Correct) Paid: $5,276.75

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)