Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 03:10 AM   #11
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
None of you old geezers used to lust after Stevie Nicks, am I alone?
I was not a big fan of the band or Stevie Nicks, in 1975 I was on Boston Common for a summer concert with Joan Baez. I had a thing for long dark hair and olive skin at the time, first entering the workforce the Super's and Middle Management were Fleetwood folks. Prior to working 70 hours a week and drinking way too much beer many around me were playing gutars and not the softer sruff. A good friend grew up with Donna Summers and was tight with Mayor Kevin White of Boston and many of us got near front or 3 or 4 rows back at all of concerts on the commons or City hall Plaza free concerts. I was in the Chinese buffet right behind the arches in Bostons chinatown when the Mayor reconized our coworker and picked up our tables tab. In 1985 Kevin Flynn was Mayor and the same connection to city hall seemed to exist with our coworker. Boston was very different back then and I miss it. It seemed everyone who went to Boston Colledge that was management loved Fleetwood.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most