Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 01:19 AM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Part of this is just the normal circadian rhythm of American politics. The party in power loses seats in off year elections. That has been going on our entire lives. This year is no different.

But there is also a consequence to being an unpopular President. Those losses are going to be magnified if most of the electorate dislikes the poster boy for the party in power. Trump’s low ratings are easy to explain to anyone except one of his supporters. I’m done getting in useless arguments here so you’ll just have to take my word that despite how you and many others feel, more of the country dislikes his leadership.

As to why this particular district swung so far in favor of Trump 2 years ago and is less enthusiastic today, I’d say it’s probably the same reason that a lot of people voted for Obama in 2008 and then a Republican in 2010. They wanted a change and then when faced with the concrete consequences of that change, reconsidered.
Why would he be unpopular in this district that voted for him? Those in this election that took place tonight. You keep telling me Trump won this place gangbusters. Trump's been exactly who they voted for...and the country IS doing well.

So why would it be TRUMP who turned these voters? Unless this really isn't a Republican district, but like a lot of "normally Democrat" places, decided to vote for Trump because they felt ignored by Clinton.

Was tonight's election in a staunch Republican district? They've always voted Republican, but all of a sudden tonight, they voted Dem (or close to it)?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-14-2018 at 01:22 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)