Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 12:50 AM   #77
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I have not seen will-pays since that screw-up a couple years back when an early bet from Chicago was placed before early scratches known. Will-pays were shown, but late betting made a new favorite that won. The early scratch bet was switched to the favorite, making 2 tickets on the winner and no jackpot.
It's been very frustrating with GP instituting this policy of almost no pick 6 will-pays for several seasons now after the above mentioned incident, but once in awhile they'll show will-pays which confused me even more. Finally had the a-ha moment to realize what's going on here - on days when there are no scratches in the final race they will show the pick 6 will-pays, and on days when there is a scratch (which is most often cause they love these final races with 12 horses & 4 AE's) the bettor is on their own to take a guess.

A track with any decency would maybe put up a graphic before the final race to at least show how many tickets are alive to each horse (rather than just total tickets alive), but we're talking about GP here. Considering with the threat of late afternoon rain on Sunday they actually put the turf races early in the pick 6 sequence shows that someone there does have the capability for horse-player compassion, I just wonder where that person is every other day of the meet.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement