Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #167
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoldie1
Define hypocrisy....very easy...here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcedel...-in-43-states/

The NFL is saying it's ok to WIN MONEY using NFL players and based on their perfomances in their games, but it's not ok to place a bet. I don't know what else to say. I believe they are trying to say that because fantasy football is more a game of skill than chance, it's ok to bet on.....oops...i mean.....pay an entry fee and hope to win money. I guess betting is all chance and no skill. They are ridiculous!!!!
The NFL makes big bucks on marketing of fantasy football leagues that use their NFL logo or any references to the NFL.
Look, it's all a bunch of hypocrisy.
In my view, any time one places invests or transfers funds for the sole purpose of return on investment based on prior performance is in effect "gambling"...
The fact is, "gambling" has been pigeon holed into a perception of the seedy smoky gambling hall where "undesirables", drunkards,etc frequented.
Of course religious fanatics and right wing politicians in bed with them to solidify their voting base consistently legislate against "gambling". Why? Because "gambling" is viewed as dirty.
Now, if someone does their research, perhaps seeking the advice of experts takes their money for the purpose of speculating on the outcome of the day's, weeks or month's trading.All perfectly legal no matter in which states one resides... Meanwhile, that same person, after doing research( handicapping) and placing a wager( investment) on the outcome of a sporting event. That person may only do this in certain places.
Total hypocrisy.
Oh...Meanwhile the Brits can walk ten paces to the nearest betting parlour and if there is a line, place a bet on which of two cockroaches can make it across the sidewalk without getting squashed.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)