Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #29
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
No, its really not absurd. My, along with most other responsible people, spend at or lower then the amount of revenue I bring in. The amounts vary from person to person and most seem to be able to manage to live within their means.
The government dos NOT live by this code because its not THEIR income and IS NOT required to abide by the rules of basic math.
There are no negative consequences to them, therefore, why abide by basic rules?

If they were forced to live within basic logic and math, I would imagine we wouldn't have this exploding deficit!
I am amazed-and not in a good way-by people who think running a country is the same as running a household. The first is more complex than the latter by several thousand orders of magnitude.

The necessities of your household would seem to include:
Pay the rent or mortgage.
pay for food
Pay for health care
pay for the children's education
Pay for transportation
Pay for necessary repairs
Pay for clothing.

The necessities of government might include.
Pay your civilian employees.
Pay your elected officials
Pay your military employees.
Pay for transportation vehicles used by your civilian and elected officials including a big honkin' 747 used by POTUS
Pay for office space and supplies and heat and light and plumbing and upkeep on all those buildings.
Pay for tanks, artillery pieces, guns, grenades, airplanes, bombs, bullets, RPGs, bazookas, napalm, bayonets, aircraft carriers, destroyers, submarines, torpedoes.
Pay for roads, bridges, tunnels.
pay for airports, ocean ports.
Pay for TSA screeners, FBI agents and other federal officers.
Pay for a freakin' wall.

I could probably go on for pages not scratch the surface of what the Federal
government is involved in. All of which, your opinion to the contrary not withstanding, is important and necessary.

» Advertisement