Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 02:18 AM   #6342
Actor
Librocubicularist

I could post this story on the humor thread but since it has a religious element I'm posting it here.

These events took place just after my 16th birthday. My parents decided to make the trip from Oklahoma to Idaho to visit my mother's brother. After several days travel we arrived at his farm about noon. My cousin, who was a few years older than me, was going to Twin Falls for a night on the town and they decided that I should go with him. So the two of us get in his car and off we go. He made a couple of stops to pick up his friends and then we headed for downtown Twin Falls, Idaho. He parked the car and the whole gang walked down the street. They went into a bar.

Now at this time I was still quite religious. I had been taught that Christians do not go to bars. I was certain that if I went into that bar I would be committing a mortal sin. I informed my cousin of this. He said "OK" and in they all went leaving me outside.

This was in July, and while I'm sure that it was hot back in Oklahoma, it was near freezing in Twin Falls. I had not brought a winter coat. I went back to the car but it was locked. I froze for three hours. I thought of trying to phone someone but I had no change for a phone. I tried flagging down a police car but they just waved back.

My cousin and his pals finally came out of the bar and I was finally back in the car and out of the cold. They were still drinking bear while driving around. They repeatedly tried to throw the empties out the window but of course the windows were rolled up. He finally took his pals home.

Now comes the next fun part. He announced that he was too drunk to drive and I would have to get us home.

Recall that I had just turned 16. I had a restricted Oklahoma driver's license. I could drive but the license required that there be a licensed driver in the front seat of the car, not passed out drunk in the back. I began mentally rehearsing a sob story to tell the cop that I figured was sure to stop us. I got lost. I had one hell of a time waking him up so he could give me directions.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)