Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 08:53 PM   #60
delfman

plain and simple, the print edition of DRF is hardly worth the paper it's printed on, much less $11. Unfortunately a good bit of the blame for this is due to the current racing situation around the country. The two go hand in hand.
DRF would be absolutely more worth the asking price if the state of racing was better. Fuller competitive fields. At least 7 horse races. ten to twelve, ideally. not the current 5 or 6 in every race.
Like an above poster stated, the current conditions at some tracks would need to pay me $11 to handicap their race cards.

it has become a waste of time anymore to handicap most days. you start with 6 horses a race, and then with the vet scratches , trainer scratches, etc...
what's the point.
much more lucrative $ to be had with the gambling $ elsewhere.(DFS specifically)

then you got to deal with shit like what happened the first day of this past breeders cup when they don't even want to pay you when you pick the winners.
Or you end up losing for the day because the stewards determined that the winner you just hit might have cost a fading horse a minor placing.
Let's not even talk about the rampant cheating that has been going on for ever. race fixing, milkshakes, drugging, etc...

It's gotten to the point where this game is for entertainment purposes only. Unfortunately I was never in this game for entertainment.
It is looking more and more like I'm going to have to try out the product from Hong Kong.

Last edited by delfman; 12-11-2021 at 08:57 PM.
delfman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)