Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 12:55 AM   #36
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny V View Post
I remember when it was the Morning Telegraph on the east coast and they used to print the Stewards rulings about fines and suspensions given out to people in the backstretch for violations they incurred like smoking in the shed row and such. The writing in the articles was top notch. It came in two sections and some guys would just throw the first half away and keep the second half which had the past performances.
lol, I got a kick out of those stewards rulings as well! iirc some of the fines were only like $10 bucks or so. Peb used to have his artwork in there too! I saved a bunch of his front pages when they were printed in color.

Back then my friends and I would just throw away the first half of the DRF as well and just hang on to the "guts" as we called it. Wasn't long before I realized how good the rest of the form was and it made me a better handicapper reading it cover to cover.

Now I only buy it a few times a year, usually on the bigger race days. The digital edition is more convenient and usually has the tracks I focus on.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)