Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 06:00 PM   #14
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Problem #2 is a the breakdown of society as a whole...and the general breakdown in the family unit...the breakdown in respect for authority...the breakdown in respect for higher education (higher education being dogshit these days doesn't help)...the breakdown in respect for our fellow human being...the absolute NARCISSISTIC NATURE of our society that has grown to gargantuan proportions since the advent of social media...

I could go on...and on...and on...but I probably should stop...because I'm not doing myself any favors at this point.

I can't argue with any of that, it could possibly be a little bit of everything you mentioned plus a few other things. When mass shootings were rare every other kid was not diagnosed with a mental disorder and medicated. Boys were not coddled, if a boy came home crying he was picked on his dad would teach him how to fight and tell him most bullies are cowards, and will move on if you fight back. Also kids got ass whippings back when mass shootings were rare.

I have a story about teaching a kid how to fight, it is a long read, might tell it
later. My dad had a closet full of guns and ammo, unlocked. He taught me how to shoot at 7, I was advanced as a child. I was also left alone for long periods of time. I was told I was never to touch or shoot a gun without adult

supervision, we lived in the desert you could shot all over the place.

There is no way in hell I would ever entertain the thought of going in that closet, as I would have got the world's biggest ass whipping, and had no birthday's, Christmas presents till I moved out. I was way more afraid of my parents than the police. I could imagine the crap I would have pulled if I just got a timeout.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)