Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 10:22 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
If he's your friend, that's fine and I understand why you are loyal to him, but licensed legal gambling operations demand total honesty from those who work in the enterprise. There are people I know and like personally who should not hold positions of public trust.

It is not in any sense a "mob" that someone who is willing to falsify information provided to handicappers should not work in the sport of horse racing.

Beyond the rank dishonesty, this is also an incredibly stupid thing to do and does, by the way, show a terrible character. If Richie was such a great guy, why wasn't he able to say "no" to what was obviously and illegal and scandalous request? Indeed, why did he not report the request to his employer and the racing authorities so the proper punishment could be imposed on the horseman for attempting to run an ineligible horse?

This entire thing stinks to high heaven.
Are you kidding?

Assuming his version of events are true...what exactly was the falsification, technically?

If the horse ran 4f in the time recorded...as part of an overall 5f move...what was falsified?

So it wasn't actually a 4f work because he also ran an additional furlong?

You're right, the whole thing does stink, but possibly for reasons completely unrelated to your feigned righteousness.

Maybe we wait until all facts are known before we go on another NYRA lynching...I know it's the favorite pastime of TLG-haters and guys out west with penis-envy (excuse me, NYRA-envy)....but that little speech above this reply of mine is not only telling, but Oscar-worthy. Bravo good sir! Bravo!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)