Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
fmolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
OTB is a pathetically run organization that gets no sympathy from me - pay up or shut down. They have been nothing but a detriment to NY racing and breeding. Without OTB, intelligently run off track betting could have been developed with an eye towards growing the industry, not padding relative's pockets.

No OTB is better for racing than OTB.

At least in NY, the moron state.
I am not sure i agree with you and i live in nassau county.Yes the model is somewhat dysfunctional but nassau otb has been very successful and should be able to withstand this if the court rules against them.Why should these otbs pay yonkers for days they did not race or were outright closed.These harness tracks derive the majority of their handle from all the regional otbs and other adw accts that are out there.This seems like a case of biting the hand that feeds.These tracks would be sunk if the otb's decided to stop taking bets on their races.

With that said ... I do agree that their is much waste and operations do need to be streamlined so they can operate profitably well into the future.
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)