Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 08:03 PM   #85
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I understand and agree with you on the work load issue. I'm getting so burnt out, handicapping a single race thoroughly is becoming a chore unless it's a great race that I'm super interested in from a sporting perspective also.
Exactly, you have a lot on your plate with family, same as me. I know it's hard to keep things going on the racing-side, you essentially have product but aren't selling, it's just for personal use, and I have a personal use product that's being sold on the side. You don't want to stop maintaining what you've worked years to put together. I have my oldest son (autistic) living with me now, with all it takes to assist with getting him through life, getting him to work and back (he's taking driving lessons now so fingers crossed) in the meantime getting him to his dr's appts, plus my day job which thankfully I have a very forgiving employer otherwise I'd surely have lost the job by now due to all of the running around I'm doing for my son.

Add to that my mom and dad both have health issues, it's a tough time. My grandma and stepdad passed during the pandemic. There actually aren't many people left in my life now. When I have 'spare' time on a weekend to think about making a play and comprehensively handicap a race, I find myself mentally wanting to go to the gym instead for my health or grab a coffee and watch youtube afterward. Like I said the wagers would have to be made very very compelling for me to get excited about things again. They might get that way, if so I can see myself as becoming more of a consistent at least several days per week player. As long as it can fit neatly into my schedule, that's the primary hurdle.

Last edited by MJC922; 01-17-2024 at 08:04 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.