Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 12:41 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
InnerDirt,

Drought conditions make this source unreliable.

Hoover Dam production is down over 30%.

As you said, fossil fuels are really the only dependable source as of now.

I didn't know Hoover Dam was down 30%. With my assumptions and shade tree degrees I have on various subjects, I would think they would just compensate for lower water pressure by opening the gates more. Could be the water is so low even with the gates open all the way they are only getting 70% power? So is this the case of the intakes being too small or not low enough? Unfortunately no one who engineered that project is still alive so they can't be held accountable. I actually took a tour of that place in the first decade of the 21st century.

Maybe I should go back and ask a bunch of questions on the tour and drive the guide nuts. I took a bus tour of a windmill farm once, I was lucky the tour guide didn't try to leave me out in the middle of the desert. Some of them seem to like an educated customer, those that aren't well versed don't.

I need to get to work, but I definitely will look to see the real cause of the reduction, thanks for the info. As in why they can't compensate for lower water levels, not CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)