Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #14
tzipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
is he the one that beat older before he did that? there was one of those horses that beat older horses, won the trial and then the triple crown...in todays standards this would be abusive. i realize that we live in easier times but with horses something does not equal out. 20 races is a long career now. had to look this up. sir barton won the withers after the preakness then he won the belmont. it was citation that won against older....won the derby trial and then the derby 4 days later in his 7th start of the year...amazing when we hear the word "bounce" and all the garbage.

Yeah, surely a different game today. I will say that bad breeding has affected the sport also. I think it was easier to run in those races back then because look at how many horses were running in the country in 1919 and how much competition there was and then look at how many horses and competition there are today. If you had a very good horse back then there was not much competition and easier to win races.
tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)