Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 09:17 PM   #9137
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Very cheap shot. You know very well that Mat 22:32; Mk 12:27; Lk 20:38 are referencing events in the Bible and not defining who God will save.
What events?

But the text is defining the kind of people of whom God is the God and Father. If you weren't so ignorant of the bible, you would understand that Abraham, Issac and Jacob were God's chosen people. And if you don't believe this, study Romans 9 and you will find that Issac's brother Ishmael was not a child of God because he was not a child of the promise. And likewise, Jacob's twin brother Esau was also rejected as an heir of the eternal inheritance, also. It is only God's chosen vessels of honor. The chapter goes on to say that God will have mercy on whom he will have mercy, and compassion on whom he wills it so, and he'll harden who he wills -- just as he hardened the heart Pharaoh, since he created him to be a vessel of dishonor.

Quote:
What those quotes are saying is that through the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob that God blessed all the nations of the world.
You finally have said something that is truthful, i.e. biblical, although the three passages themselves are not actually teaching that -- but other passages do, such as the Abrahamic Covenant itself (Genesis 17, etc.). But God never promised that each and every person on the earth in those nations would be blessed -- no more than Rev 7:9 does.

Also, you have just shot yourself in the foot and don't even realize it. If the entire human race, beginning with Adam and ending with the last person to die at the end of the world, is going to be saved, why would God have waited a couple of thousand years to specifically choose Abraham with whom to enter into a covenant, and promise him in that covenant that all the nations of the earth wold be blessed in him ? Since Adam was created directly by Jesus (totally circumventing the procreation process), and in this sense descended from Jesus (Lk 3:38), your theory of universal salvation would require that God should have cut the covenant with Adam because all men are the natural descendants of Adam, and because all Adam's seed beginning with his own progeny would have been blessed. But instead we have a couple of thousand years wherein the vast majority of Adam's seed ends up cursed, judged and condemned. I would remind you, for example, of the Flood wherein only 8 people were saved! But the fact that God waited until Abraham to make the promise of blessing for all nations, tells us that God indeed will have mercy on whom he will have mercy and have compassion on whom he will have compassion --- and he''ll harden the rest!

Quote:
You interpret it as God stops his blessings at Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (and their people) and that is reading racism (and elitism) into God. Obviously God is not a racist or he wouldn't have created the other races.
You're lying again. If I interpreted it that way, why would I cite Rev 7:9 which teaches that God's chosen ones are in all the nations of the world? Hint: Try reading the passages I cite.

You will not find so much as one text in all scripture that teaches that God intends to save each and every person that has ever lived. No, not one.

Quote:
The stupidity of your constantly saying God only saves some people is beyond belief when the incredibly obvious sacrifice of Jesus dying on the cross in the name of all humanity is everywhere.
Quote me one text out of scripture that teaches what you just wrote.

And since when did you come to the realization that Christ's death was a sacrificial death, and not merely a martyr's death as you told us once? Who gave you this remarkable revelation? When did the nature of Christ's death become so "incredibly obvious" to you?

However, the bad news for you is that Christ's death was not ultimately about humanity. In fact, the primary reason Christ was sent into this world by his Father was not for humanity! But you have enough on your platter for now, without tackling, yet, another subject about which you're also completely in the dark. I would suggest you get down on your knees and cry out to your "best friend" and beg him to save you from the black darkness that is in you because every time you open your mouth in this thread, you reveal to all just how little you know.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most