Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 03:41 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
In this video we have a guy who is obviously older in age, but probably due to his physical disability he had been forced to work at a minimum-wage job, at least until the year 2017. And he gives credit to then-president Trump for the "substantial" minimum-wage increase that he received...althought it has always been the DEMOCRATS who have been fighting for the "substantial" increase in minimum wage labor...whereas the Republicans have always maintained that the "substantial" minimum wage increases are unnecessary because minimum wage was never intended to be a 'living wage'.

So, I ask...how can these videos ever be taken seriously?

I was going to bust the guy in the video's balls, but watch again. You made an incorrect assumption. He credited his raise to Trump tax cuts and used the term "minimum wage" instead of "starting wage" to reference the wages his employer and others were paying. I understand the assumption you made as
somewhere between 50-80% of people attribute credit or blame to levels of government that have nothing to do with the situation.

Case in point, 30 states have higher than the federal minimum wage, and some cities even top their state minimum wage. So if someone in California said "Under Biden I got $20 an hour to work at McDonalds", obviously Biden had nothing to do with it, that was on Governor Newsom. Same thing with Covid protocols, that was on state and locale governments, nothing to do with Trump or Biden.

So the moral of the story is most voters are dumbasses when it comes to how politics effect us and those dumbasses vote for both parties. I do believe since most of the media leans left there are more lefty dumbasses that righties.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)