Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 07:44 PM   #7
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
And thank you for announcing me through 7 of 10 winners yesterday. See handicapping section.

Looking forward the the Spring. I went to school and resided in western NY through out the 70's and never missed an opening day.

Shows you how long I have been a degenerate horse player.

One of my favorite and long gone characters was the elderly man who sole racing forms right in front of the turnstiles. He would bark at anyone who walked past him without purchasing the Form "Hey, You can't go in there without the form"

Hope the covid clears up so I can make a trip there in 2021. I'll come and say hello if I make it up.
I always bought it from him on the way out, assuming I was leaving with something more than lint in my wallet. Otherwise it was a drive down to World Wide News downtown to grab the DRF there.

I still remember World Wide during the winter months, that chewed up concrete floor when you first walked in which was soaking wet from the salt and snow on everyone's boots, grabbed the DRF and drove home to handicap the AQU inner. Show up the next day at FL to buy a seat in the Paddock Room. The 80's winter months, I remember spending a day betting up at the paddock room with my dad and cousin. It was the AQU simulcast and Wesley Ward rode four or five winners on the card. Good times.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom