Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 11:35 PM   #2
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
No doubt but I wonder if he can sustain it into the future.Very tall players have a problem as they have a large strike zone and a long swing which is easy for pitchers to exploit.I read somewhere that 6'1"-6'3" is the ideal height for a power hitter as they are tall enough to have the extra muscle mass to hit the ball hard but avoid the problems mentioned above.There have been some tall power guys like Dave Winfield, Dave Kingman and Frank Howard but they are few and far between.And most of them hit for a low average and strike out a ton.Maybe Judge will be the exception.

That being said, the kid's a lot of fun to watch.And as a Red Sox fan, it pained me terribly to type that sentence.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)