Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #55
garyoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
TVG's a joke, no FG no CD
Those tracks are owned by CDSN which is also part owner of HRTV along with Magna. Those signals are not available to TVG for video distribution. Not TVG's fault.

That being said, I don't watch TVG much. I'm quite happy with Twinspires video (also owned CDSN). Since BetFair acquired them, the TVG focus is on churn. I think they had a better viewer rapport in the first 5 years or so of the network. But handle is what talks.

They unfortunately have a role closer to shills or touts than analysts. They are like the equity analysts you see on CNBC with their buy ratings and always bullish--same thing. They also remind of Craps dealers who are trying to get the players to bet the hardways and other center box bets.

But the TVG bashing gets very old. Having them on the air is better than having them off the air. I think they do keep casual players interested in the game.

Also, I might not know what makes for "good television." I really can't stand ESPN. At least I can tolerate TVG. So maybe its the problem of the bashers. Also, there is no such thing as bad publicity--so the bashers are probably a net plus.
garyoz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.