Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 10:56 PM   #2100
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee View Post
The DQ at 10.7.22 Kee 5 today cost me the pick 5. I thought it was the worse dq I have ever seen. I'm bias of course. Would love some objective thoughts
IMHO, a terrible ruling - very ticky-tack. There was mutual bumping in the lane. The winner was taken down for "floating" the place horse wide at the top of the stretch, and for a late bump near the wire. But in between it appeared to me the place horse moved out to make contact with the winner. I don't see how any firm decision can be made that the result should have been reversed.

As usual, when human qualitative interpretation is allowed, there will be problems like this. Like the now defunct poster Still Riled Up (SRU) used to say, "Pay the Winners". In other words, leave the finish unchanged for parimutuel payouts, and let the stewards and the jockeys enforce riding infractions and purse changes later on. If I have to get hosed by being beaten in the Derby by a horse that fails the post-race drug test, I shouldn't get hosed on payouts by a whim of the stewards like today.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)