Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #17
WinterTriangle

My feeling is that if somebody really wants to see a horse, get a really good photo, or get a jockey autograph, trying to fulfill those desisres on one of the biggest race days of the year is probably a bad choice.
The only way to really be assured of a good shot or touch of a horse you like is to make an appt. at their barn or their farm if breeding/retired.

(Somebody I know called Shirreff's barn at HOL and they were quite gracious about letting this person get up close and personal with Z this week by appt.)

I would never have my heart set on getting a good photo, etc. on a big race day, unless I had press credentials and a really good set of photo equipment. Too many other people with desires, interests, etc. to compete against, and the pressures in general on a day like BCC ---- I guess I feel I'd have to just "get lucky" to have it all come together in a way that would be satisfying.

I know that doesn't make your disappointment any less palpable though, NJ. Even "good planning" is often not enough to make things happen in life
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)