Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #152
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
With ground loss cant wait to see the figure, wide both turns, must have lost like 6 lengths or so.

I also remember when 46 and 109 and change was a solid pace, not spectacular at Santa Anita. I did not watch any of the races the rest of the day for context so maybe this was blazing like last fall when track was slow.
I have Improbable running approximately 3t1 and 4t2. Improbable ran about a length or so wider than Maximum Security, but the latter was closer to what I thought was a fast pace (all the speeds went, the track was not exactly lightning, and they crawled home). He also raced between horses in an uncomfortable spot much of the way and it looked like he didn't change leads until late.

Before the race someone on Twitter said Max Sec's last work looked even weaker than usual.

IMO, he ran better than it looks, but so did Midcourt. It wasn't exactly a stellar performance even though he didn't get his usual "I make my own good trip".

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-27-2020 at 01:03 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)