Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:04 AM   #59
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Its ok, were talking about the wild west here.
Hey I don't even know where that list came from. It doesn't really tell anything anyway.

I'm one who thinks of the word "sport" and all it implies to me. Clean and fair is true sport. Otherwise, I don't call it a sport.

I would need to see really good data on every trainer from a reputable source before singling him out.

For whatever reason, you go to jockey club, etc. and you would have to start looking under furniture to find such stats. I can go to hong kong racing and find any and every stat and data for anything and everything I can think of, including vet records for the horses I"m wagering. Start there, transparency is good. Greed is bad.

There is probably a difference between violators out outright cheaters, but w/out good data how would we know. Those 27 indictments last year did us no favors and it's actually hard to believe it took as long as it did to feret them out? Ad you dont' have someone like Gregory Settino stealing $1 million drugs from his company if there are no trainers or vets on the backside to buy 'em.

Then of course, lurking in the back of some minds: if Baffert ever gets nabbed, horse racing is OVER. The most successful trainer who has gotten the most PR in the sport......it would be the end of racing. I don't think anyone has to be a full-on conspiracy theory wanker to not have that at least cross their mind.

Last edited by clicknow; 09-08-2020 at 02:05 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)