Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #19
MJC922

I like Bob, I mean on the surface of it he's a good enough guy but yea the impression I've always had of him is do whatever it takes, even if it's going to be a bit shady. As for the meds, they need not be illegal meds at all. What they need to do is test clean and he's fine, i.e. use whatever gets results in the training program and as long as it clears the horse's system you're good. That's likely what we have today and have had even way back to Lukas & Harthill. Some have just designed a better program. Bob is the best around today but unfortunately there are some victims that fall by the wayside and that's the sad part. I personally don't want any drugs in racing, I mean if the horse is injured and on the farm and needs pain relief of course but these training programs that make use of drugs that have potentially bad consequences on the horse's health, I'll never be in favor of that, it's not good for the sport.

IMO what's good for the sport are the old war horses with 50-100 starts that win 40% of the time like Sagely and Mt. Rushmore, that you can bring your kids to the track every year to watch and then those types of horses make the fans. When we got to the point where the trainers had to make the fans and the horses are mostly gone by age 4 or 5, IMO not good.

Last edited by MJC922; 09-06-2020 at 12:36 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)