Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 04:47 PM   #80
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Certainly not helpful to your point of view. We don't know how the private sector would do versus the government managing SS, EPA, Medicare,etc.

Horse racing doesn't regulate itself, it is regulated by the states. There is no national issue that requires Federal oversight. I am anti-federal government for local issues. There is no national need to have racing rules be the same in California and Florida. You may not like the inconsistencies but inconsistencies between states exists for many things on many levels.
I will stay out of the political issues raised by the rest of your post, but your last point is just amazingly not true.

Horse racing is now simulcast across state lines, generating much of the sport's handles.

If you would like to turn back the clock to 1978 when there was almost no interstate betting on horse racing, and then tell me it's a local issue, fine, you'd have an argument. But right now, for instance, the California Horse Racing Board's decisions to protect Bob Baffert harm people in New York and Florida and Illinois and any other state where they are betting our races. That is not a local issue. That's a federal issue.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)