Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 10:23 AM   #89
classhandicapper

I am firmly in the camp that thinks you have to compare horses from different eras based on their accomplishments, the accomplishments of the horses they were beating, how consistently great they were, whether they showed other worldly brilliance and stamina and won despite tough trips etc.. Judgements about prior horses and their accomplishments "could" be wrong, but imo their speed figures are a 100% certainly to not be comparable and should be discarded except for comparisons between horses that raced within a few years of each other (for so many clear cut reasons I lose track of them all).

To me, Flightline has a lot more to prove. I'm in the camp that thinks even his Pacific Class was probably surface aided. He certainly didn't beat any world beaters in the Met and prior races. What he is so far is an exceptionally brilliant horse that has yet to show what's really in the tank. There may be plenty, but I'd like to see it before crowing him.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 10-04-2022 at 10:33 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)