Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Nyra Stewards
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 11:21 AM   #43
westernmassbob

“I am saying extremely talented jocks are capable of gaining tactical edges in scenarios where less talented riders cannot.”

I would say give us some examples please. The way I see it is that all jockeys are not treated as equals. My example would be Irad Oritz. Irad is considered one of the best jockeys in the world. Clearly he is capable of gaining tactical edges throughout a race. Let’s be honest though. The same things he does to gain those advantages another lesser successful rider would be scrutinized for doing. Irad does his classic herding move to the rail. He takes away another horses/jockeys chances of winning by doing some unsavory and disrespectful type moves. Of course he will continue to do this because of his great success. Sadly though if other jockeys try this there is always a different outcome. So in my opinion Irad has what I would call “ Jockey Privilege”.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)