Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 01:28 PM   #286
outofthebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
To inject the horse with an amount of the drug and during a time period that was likely to produce a positive would be career suicide. I refuse to believe he's that crazy.

But just for discussion's sake, let's assume he did inject the horse. It would make sense to do it far enough away from the race (but within the 14 days) so he had a high probability of a negative test. There has to be a big margin of safety built into that 14 days.
e
I'd have to think vets know the probabilities. He might have gambled and lost. Obviously, this is all speculation since I have no way of knowing.
Yes, the vets do know the probabilites. After the Gamine Ky Oaks positive of Betamethason which the vets showed given outside the 14 day guideline, you are right that it would be a career suicide to even think about injecting remotely close to the 14 days. And the cream theory is hard to understand because there are smart horsemen in that shedrow..
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)