Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 11:37 AM   #177
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I hope this thread serves as a cautionary tale as to what can go wrong when trading.

TRADING PSYCHOLOGY is something like 80% or more of the BATTLE here.

Your head will FUCK you out of $$$ so many times as a trader if you can't get it under control, and obviously, even I still have issues and I've been doing this for over 20 years now.

For the 3 people reading this, pay attention if you don't already have this under control.

This missed trade is up almost ONE HUNDRED points right now...

100 point trades don't come around often, and if you miss one, you're kinda screwing yourself big time. I can't emphasize this enough if you're a trader who follows some sort of rigid method like I do here.

My head convinced me NOT to take this trade simply because I was long ES and up big in that trade at that moment. I convinced myself the market was going to go up the rest of the day, so why should I short RTY and potentially give back some of the profits I had in ES at that moment?

I considered for a few moments taking the trade as a HEDGE, but then unconvinced myself because hey, I'm a genius at this moment in time, right?

WRONG

Once again...the moral to this story is this:

If you have a method that is WORKING, like I have in this thread, you DO NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ignore a valid entry signal.

Just don't do it. You're not smart enough to PICK AND CHOOSE which signals might be winners and which ones might be losers.

If you were smart enough to do that, you wouldn't NEED a rigid method. You could just trade by the seat of your "brilliant" pants and make $$$$$.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-15-2022 at 11:38 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)