Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Changing leads
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 06:51 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Watch that race video and tell me what you think. I don't see a problem until the turn home.

When I read mountainman's comment it made me think of this one. She seemed more interested in something on the grandstand side. I stopped following after this performance in October. I'm going to look her up this morning to see what the next couple outings look like and report back.
1) I don't follow Turfway at all or that horse so please allow me to pick a NYRA horse and discuss changing leads...

2) Da Wildcat Girl.... On Jan 29th she was bet OFF the board. She was beaten by a Perfect Trip better horse BUT went back to the wrong lead late and flattened out at the wire. In her race prior, she won and changed leads well (and to the wire). That made her, to me an absolute throwout in her next start (from the win spot). She went off at 2/1 and was 1 of 2 closers in a speed packed race. She had the race won but when she did, she went back to the wrong lead and blew the race.

It's important to know how/and if a horse changes leads in races. If the horse normally does but today didn't, I am super concerned next time out.

If a horse always doesn't change leads, then the PPs you see are what you see.

Hope that helps. If you want to see the replays, they are :

Dec 4th 8th race, PP 8 of 9 (win)
Jan 29th 5th race, the rail of 6 (hang job with change to incorrect lead late)
Feb 17th 6th race, PP 2 of 6, (back to incorrect lead and spits it out).

Once again, if a horse changes leads well but then goes back to the wrong lead (if they don't normally do that) shows me that they can't complete the stretch run on that lead.

Problem....
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)