Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 10:15 AM   #80
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Wrong again implies I was wrong a first time. if you are going to accuse me of being wrong, you need to point out on what position I was wrong. Otherwise it is discrediting, without me having a chance to defend my position.

Regarding sports betting being easy and bringing it up constantly, if you feel that is an inaccurate read, I will take your word or it. Clarification is all that is needed. I sort of recall you making a post to the tune of I don’t know why people think sports betting is so hard to beat. I don’t really consider it a huge leap to think you are conveying a message that sports betting is pretty easy to beat. The point of my post was to explain to horse players who may have the perception that sports betting is easy money, be careful, it is a tough game too.
You were wrong a first time when you said that I should consider a $354 bet to be a “paltry wager” simply because I make many $200 bets during a day’s action. I replied to you and told you that you were wrong, and that a player’s total day’s betting handle isn’t indicative of what constitutes a “paltry wager”. A bettor whose betting unit is $200 can’t possibly consider a $354 bet to be a “paltry wager” no matter what that player’s daily betting handle is. Each wager is a separate entity…and $354 is almost twice the amount that the $200 bettor normally bets on a race.

You are are also wrong when you suggest that I would ever imply that making money in any gambling game is “pretty easy”…I never talk like that. What I have said is that sports betting is easier to beat than horse betting is, provided that the player applies himself to the type of research that he normally conducts when he handicaps his horses. Beating sports is easier than beating the horses, and the “handicapping” takes less time…but you are taking a “huge leap” when you interpret this as me saying that “beating sports is pretty easy to do”.

Last edited by thaskalos; 01-31-2024 at 10:17 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)