Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 02:40 AM   #8786
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
I have letters behind my name.

With over 30,000 different Protestant denominations how much "generally agreed on understanding" can there be?

Are you saying that scripture is not to be taken literally?
My obvious implication was a university level knowledge of scripture. Your consistently hyper-literal interpretation of statements at times is baffling.

There's a basic agreement among the major strains of Christianity, but were I desiring a lengthy conversation (I already suggested to Showme that it's non-productive on the internet), then you are correct. I would stay within my own Catholicism. In that case, my first defense of the scriptural evidence for the dignity of women, for example, is Mary the mother of Christ.

I already sparred here regarding "literal" but to illustrate, "The Father is greater than I" and "The Father and I are one" is not a contradiction. Goes to that "hypostatic union" previously mentioned.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)