Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #25
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
When you read Melanie Morgan's account of Franken's stalking behavior, it's troubling. The guy is in need of help, doesn't belong in the Senate. When a woman says Bug Off Creep, you don't get her home phone number and call multiple times. This has effectively ended his career as a Senator even if he keeps his chair

Snippage>>>>>By the third phone call I was outraged and terrified, as he is really disturbed,” Morgan recounted.

Morgan said Franken finally left her alone, but only after she pushed back and threatened “to call the police and make a report that he was harassing me.”
To this day, she says she is haunted by it: “I never forgot that experience and it informed me of his lack of character and obsessive personality. I believe every word Leann wrote.”

With many calling on Republican Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore to step aside following claims of sexual misconduct from decades ago, will Franken be asked to resign as senator?

“I will happily testify before the Senate Ethics Committee, should a hearing be held regarding Franken’s behavior,” Morgan added.
If you just read the headlines here you are left with the impression that Franken sexually harassed Morgan. Reading the headlines is all most Trump/Moore supporters do.

If you read the story, you find that Franken and Morgan appeared together on Bill Maher's Politically Incorrect program. Franken challenged some phony budget numbers that Morgan used. After the program, Franken tried to continue the discussion. Morgan, like all conservatives caught in a lie, refused.

I can understand Franken's frustration at having all the facts on his side and having them ignored by conservatives-believe me, it happens to me all the time here-but he should have just let it go. And of course we only have her word for the tenor of the conversations after the show.

But the main point is that it was not sexual by any definition of that term. It was a political disagreement,

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)