Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 02:44 PM   #13
papillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperlunch View Post
Also I don’t know much about her - does she run only against fillies or does she race versus the boys?

Does running clockwise and then counter clockwise mess with a horse?

If she did ( I know she won’t ) but if she did run in breeders cup what race would she enter?
She runs against males.

She runs and wins from 7f to 10f regularly.

She's a closer, closing into large crowded fields, always going wide.

She has maintained her form for years.

She might not beat Euros, esp since she prefers firm-ish turf, but there is no American turf horse who could beat her, outside of our greatest, and even then she'd be coming at the end, and have an honest chance. There are no Euros with her range. They have sprinters, milers, and stayers. They do not have sprinter-miler-stayers. Just like us.

The person who dismissed her because she's not Frankel, one of the greatest straight turf milers ever (he'd have lost to Goldikova, FWIW, esp on a tight, 2 turn, firm American track), well, yep, compared to him, she's clearly just the Australian Pepper's Pride. My money is on Winx against Frankel at 2 turns at 10f.

Australia is 30 hours from anywhere. Only Goldophin and Coolmore, with their own fleet of specialized planes and runways, travel that far. Winx's connections talked to Black Cavier's connections, who told them the ship was very hard on her. They also are not wealthy. They aren't 200 Chinese Billionaires.

Australians care about Australian races most. Doesn't matter what we think of her, in Australia she is in the realm of Phar Lap.

I'll take Winx over a 6 race "phenom" any day. Racing needs Winxes. 26 wins isn't just sub-par competition, it is her ability to make her own luck.

Last edited by papillon; 08-19-2018 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typos
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most