Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 09:18 PM   #8195
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
No you have it wrong. You can't read. Are you on Acid? Where did I say that?
I read very well. Since you categorically reject Jesus' teaching in Jn 4:21-24, then obviously you must think you're infinitely smarter that he is After all, he did say that his Father seeks people who will worship him in Spirit and in truth. You imply that Jesus is the clueless one who had no idea what his Father wants. Yet, you do!

Quote:
Well I did what you quote Jesus as saying but you call me arrogant for doing that.
No, you haven't! You despise the very idea of taking Christ's yoke upon you! Do you know what a yoke is? Do you know what the purpose of a yoke is when placed upon a beast of burden? Besides you already confessed that even when a believer serves, worships and obeys God out of love and gratitude to Him that that kind of love would be a burden. You even said that this is why so many in the church leave. Of course, they leave. They are like you and want nothing to do with the rule of Christ in their hearts.

Quote:
It's already here. Remember Jesus said the Kingdom of God is within.
What I do remember is that you just said yesterday that all scripture is irrelevant. But not Lk 17:21? Hypocritical much?

Quote:
No. An all loving God cannot hate.
Of course, He can. Not only can He but MUST! Numerous scriptures teach this. His love is a holy, righteous love; therefore, he can only love what is good, righteous and holy, and conversely his holy nature demands that he hate all sin, evil., lawlessness and wickedness. God doesn't suffer from cognitive dissonance like you do. Don't you know that God cannot deny who He is (2Tim 2:13)!? He cannot deny his holy nature!

Quote:
I don't have nor believe in religion as i said regarding Hitchens.
Oh, but you do! You believe in YOUR way, YOUR truth, YOUR life. You approach God strictly on your terms, which makes you an idolater. You're a staunch believer in the Religion of Light!

Quote:
Of course. But there is great burden to someone who doesn't know Jesus nor cares about him and you try to FORCE him to believe or threaten him with Hell.
This is a classical red herring. The world hates Christ (Jn 7:7). Only those who God causes to be born again have transformed hearts that are spiritually equipped to believe in Christ and repent of their sins.

Can you cite any scripture wherein Jesus ever tried to coerce or force people to believe in him? Yet, he spent 3-1/2 years constantly preaching His Gospel, while simultaneously teaching more about hell than anyone else in scripture!

[quote]Speak for yourself. The love I have for God is the love he gave me to love him with. In other words you have no idea.[/quoe]

The love of God is not within you anymore than it was in the unbelieving Pharisees' hearts (Jn 5:42) for if you had HIS holy love shed abroad in your heart, you would have true humility and would willingly and joyfully submit to the Rule of Christ the King in your heart, which is the essence of the Kingdom of God in this age. Any any thought that service to him, worship of him and obedience to him would be unbearably burdensome would never even enter your mind -- in fact such thoughts would be repulsive to you. But The fact that you're repulsed by this idea worship, service and obedience is proof-positive that you are NOT his. You are just like the enemies of Jesus in his parable of the Minas.

Luke 19:11-27
11 And while they were listening to these things, He went on to tell a parable, because He was near Jerusalem, and they supposed that the kingdom of God was going to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, "A certain nobleman went to a distant country to receive a kingdom for himself, and then return. 13 "And he called ten of his slaves, and gave them ten minas, and said to them, 'Do business with this until I come back.' 14 "But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, 'We do not want this man to reign over us.' 15 "And it came about that when he returned, after receiving the kingdom, he ordered that these slaves, to whom he had given the money, be called to him in order that he might know what business they had done. 16 "And the first appeared, saying, 'Master, your mina has made ten minas more.' 17 "And he said to him, 'Well done, good slave, because you have been faithful in a very little thing, be in authority over ten cities.' 18 "And the second came, saying, 'Your mina, master, has made five minas.' 19 "And he said to him also, 'And you are to be over five cities.' 20 "And another came, saying, 'Master, behold your mina, which I kept put away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are an exacting man; you take up what you did not lay down, and reap what you did not sow.' 22 "He said to him, 'By your own words I will judge you, you worthless slave. Did you know that I am an exacting man, taking up what I did not lay down, and reaping what I did not sow? 23'Then why did you not put the money in the bank, and having come, I would have collected it with interest?' 24 "And he said to the bystanders, 'Take the mina away from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.' 25 "And they said to him, 'Master, he has ten minas already.' 26 "I tell you, that to everyone who has shall more be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 27 "But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."
NASB

By the way, in this parable Jesus is the nobleman who went "to a distant country to receive a kingdom for himself". Just in case you're confused.

You are just like the enemies in this parable. The only Jesus that appeals to you is someone who would cozy up to the bar with you as your drinking buddy! But the Jesus who is the Creator of the universe and is its sovereign King of kings and Lord of lords -- this Jesus you want no part of.

Quote:
Your low IQ is showing.
It's the only logical inference to your rejection of God's truth. Since you categorically reject God's Word because it's irrelevant, then obviously, you must think you're smarter than the Living Word is. Why else would you reject the Word of God? It must be because you think you have all the true answers life's really important questions! But Jesus...not so much!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)