Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 07:33 AM   #23
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
Since Del Mar is opening today as the only major track now offering the Place Pick All wager, I thought it might be a good idea to give this long dormant thread a bump to elicit some helpful hints on playing it.

It's been quite a long time since I last played it. Hawthorne had a 20 cent version a few years ago but they did away with it. Del Mar's buck minimum is a bit steep if you're looking to include, for example, all the firsters on today' Dmr card.

I've had a love/hate relationship with this wager....mostly hate.....lol. I once came to the conclusion that the Place Pick All is the biggest sucker bet ever to come down the pike. I'm willing to give it another shot.

Would love to hear any opinions on this wager, including any "thrill of victory" or "agony of defeat" war stories. Even better.....any "best practices" in approaching it, including minimum or maximum bets, what to do about firsters, depth of coverage in sprints vs turf routes, when to single, etc

Let the games begin!

Vinman

Back in my Prime Betting years, I loved this wager. In the late 90's and early 2000's I concentrated on So Cal daily. I did have the only ticket once, a $64 play, that paid about 26K. I should start to try again, especially when I get Dq'd from 1st to 2nd (#4 Excellent Sunset) like in the 7th race on Opening Day at Del Mar 11-9.

RR

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most