Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 12:27 AM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i was buying boxes of red cedar shingles primed on both sides for $125 a box 10 years ago. today they want $500 a box and you have to buy a minimum of $5000 worth. i am going to buy the unprimed and prime it myself.

Benny Moore or California paint is now $325 for a 5 gallon bucket. it used to be $190. i am told that you can buy the Wallmart house brand and that is the same as Benjamin Moore for $51 per gallon.

if i keep losing all these horse race bets i will never afford anything!

I am on two hours sleep and at 63 can not do that any more and still be coherent. Have you tried the Behr paint at Home Depot? It seemed to cover ok, but honestly I sold the house not much more than a couple years after painting it 20 years ago. I just looked it up $40 a gallon for premium exterior and interior primer + paint, that is 5 gallon containers. The last roof I wood shingled I was helping my dad when I was 7 do my grandma's house.

So I know nothing about them, what do you prime cedar shingles with and how far does a $500 box cover? I will eventually have to paint and I gave away my sprayer. That was a mistake, had a falling out with a friend who we had either others stuff what I had stored of his I found out later was mostly junk when I said keep each others crap. I did not know he had my $750 airless sprayer. That was $750 25 years ago. Since I have a machine shop I can keep everything in great shape.

That was fun to paint that house with that sprayer inside. Since I was going to replace all flooring, counter tops, sinks, showers, and windows I did not mask a damn thing off. Fastest whole house paint job I ever did. I even got lucky and one of the 5 gallon Behr pails was thick as drywall mud.
It was like getting 15-20 gallons of paint after I cut it with water.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)