Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 09:53 AM   #11
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Personally, I have no doubt that's the case but I'm not sure how much of that is better handicapping at the top (computer guys) vs. less dead money in the pools from places like OTBs and more casual bettors that have been lost. It may be both.
I agree that casual money has reduced dramatically over the years which does contribute. I just find it hard to believe that any computer algorithm or program could use the shared data that we all have and hit at 80%. If that is true, the game will cease as more and more will have access to this program and a longshot will end up being an $8.80 winner.

When this batch betting came on the scene, people said that the programs would look for inefficiencies in the win pool at 30 seconds to post and bet accordingly. If that were true, we'd see a much higher percentage of horses that were 2-1 in the gate actually win at 4-1. I know it happens but it feels like I can count those on one hand while the amount of 9-1 in the gate, 7-2 winner across the line, is staggering.

» Advertisement