Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #12
ubercapper

On the issue of these 5.5F T races, CJ and I have exchanged emails on the topic and we are working with others on the issue.

On a somewhat related note, on this topic and others like the marketing comments, I'm not privy to a lot, but I based on my 25 years of experience in the industry, there are usually serious discussions about many of these issues.

However, it's not in anyone's interest to share anything publicly until something has happened. There's absolutely NO upside in this. That doesn't mean it's not happening, but I see a decent amount written suggesting just that and it's not true.

For example, let's say there was a certain distance/surface/rail setting combination at a track in which the rail setting or run-up was wrong and was for a while. Someone points it out, via social media or email, to me or CJ or someone else. It usually gets to the right person. Maybe one to three weeks later the charts have all been corrected and the speed figures re-run with the new information and there are steps in place to avoid the error in the future. There would have been no point in mentioning it prior to that, just like there would have been no point mentioning the meetings that took place prior to the recent marketing announcement which had to have taken place as multiple entities were involved as were big bucks.

That's why I try to remind everyone, especially on the Fractional Time Errors thread, if you see an issue in a chart, send me a PM or email to feedback@equibase.com to my attention. At the least I can promise it will be looked into.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)