Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
1. Horizontal wagers showing number of tickets remaining

2. Track surface constantly listed on the feed

3. Universal base wager payoffs

4. Inquiry transparency

5. Camera shots isolating a 10 length winner down the stretch

6. Entries farther in advance

7. Scratch rules listed prominently

These are just some of my own personal observations and annoyances I would like addressed. Would be very curious if others have their own things they would like changed.
1. Assiniboia does that after each leg of the pick 4. All tote providers run reports after each race. It is up to the TV department to actually type the data into their software. Sadly most tracks don't have a good enough TV department to actually want to care.

2. As others have said, I always see the track conditions posted

3. All tracks should show the base payoff and all ADW's should do the same. This falls into the hands of the mutuel manager at each track making the decision on telling their tote company to do so. Woodbine does a excellent job posting both the full price and the minimum bet price on their results graphics.

4. I disagree. I do not think those conversations need to be public. Remember it only takes 2 of 3 stewards to agree on a DQ and they never disclose which steward was against it. That is something taught in the ROAP program http://www.horseracingofficials.com/

5. Back to Assiniboia; they will take a runaway leader and put them in a box in the lower right of the screen, while keeping track of the field in full screen.

6.Totally disagree. The final program should be made public 48-72 hours in advance. There is way too many changes the longer the program is out there. Now that doesn't mean the early edition shouldn't be available when possible.

7. Every track should have a link to the racing rules per the state they are in.

Other ideas include:
  • I think any loose horse should be scratched. We have seen this too many times at Tampa this year.
  • Technology is too good in regards to the Pick wagers. If your selection is a late scratch, then it is a refund (surrounding that runner) and not receiving the post time favorite. How many times do we not like the favorite?
    Example pick 4 ticket: 1,2/3,4/5,6/7,8 and the 3 gets scratched in leg two, you are entitled to 8 combinations refunded.
  • Starting gate should always start with stall 1. I see 8 horses and breaks out of stall 3, leaving the first two stalls open. Just watch some head on shots sometime. Yet in a full field in 14, they have no choice but to have the horse in stall 1.
  • Loading process should have 3 horses loading at once in bigger fields, or try to. Some horses shouldn't have to be penalized for minutes for someone else delaying the start.
  • The data companies need to do a better job on what they publish. This game thrives on historical past performances of a horse for wagering purposes. Yesterday is a prime example, where the Fonner (Equibase) chart writer is putting the early Pick 5 as a jackpot wager and this has gone on since they started the early pick 5 bet. These companies aren't proof checking their work or the data used in past performances and that in itself is infuriating.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)