Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 03:47 PM   #32
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I hope people don't think I'm defending our archaic system, because it stinks.

I just don't think the double pool changed after the will pays were calculated. I would guess the tote delay caused that particular ADW to not update with the final totals as it usually does. If the will pays shown before the race changed after the fact that is a huge problem obviously. But I don't think that is what happened.

That said, this should 100% be investigated. It smells fishy as hell even if the will pay was correct. But it won't be. Who is actually going to do the looking, LOL?
Let's leave the daily double out of it for now. The winner of the 10th race was 6-1 and the second place horse was 19-1. What "genius" was smart enough to isolate this particular exacta combination...and reduce it to almost HALF of what it was supposed to pay? If you checked the 10th race exacta probables at the end of the 10th race betting period...the 4-7 exacta combination payoff was listed at $226. It only paid $119 when the payoffs were finally posted after the "delay". The winning paid only $10.40...even though Twinspires' tote board had the horse listed at 6-1 even HOURS later.

The fact that this incident is only being discussed HERE is shocking to me. Why isn't anybody else talking about this? Is there no investigative reporting at ALL left in this game anymore?

» Advertisement