Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #35
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom
I'm curious if there are things that could be changed (on a low level) that would enhance your watching and/or betting experience. Not really talking about bigger scale things like takeout and drug oversight, but more fairly obvious things that could be easy enough to institute that would be positive for you in your involvement in the game.

Here are mine:
1. Horizontal wagers showing number of tickets remaining
* After each race, regardless of a p3, p4, p5, p6 and so on, show the number or remaining live tickets to each horse. Failure to do this is like watching a football game without a scoreboard.

2. Track surface constantly listed on the feed
* It would be nice to immediately see the current track conditions whenever glancing at the screen, not waiting for a scroll or to poke around elsewhere. Why not just list fast/firm or good/off or whatever constantly on the screen? Maybe it's done at some tracks, not sure.

3. Universal base wager payoffs
* It's annoying when one track uses a $2 payoff and another uses a .50c payoff. I would be nice if all tracks decided to show payoffs to their lowest base. This isn't a huge deal but I've been confused by this when looking at will-pays many times. I'd rather it be simple to understand.

4. Inquiry transparency
* Should be a camera and microphone showing the stewards discuss an inquiry. Not sure why this needs to be done in secret. I believe other parts of the world keep it transparent.

5. Camera shots isolating a 10 length winner down the stretch
* It shouldn't surprise anyone that a majority of the people watching a race, any race, is equally interested in who runs 2nd, 3rd, 4th as the winner. Split screen or wider pan view would be nice.

6. Entries farther in advance
* Personally, I would love it if the cards can be listed a week in advance. I know there are reasons why this might be an issue but, to my knowledge, tracks like EVD and MNR have their cards ready many days out. Would be helpful to have more time in order to isolate on a day.

7. Scratch rules listed prominently
* It may be user error here but I have tried to find out what the rules are for scratches, or off-the-turf in the middle of the card, etc and never can find what the rules are. So, when alive to a p4, and I get a gate scratch, for most tracks, I have no idea if I get the favorite or a consolation. Would like to see this displayed in an obvious area of the track website or listed on the screen whenever there is a scratch or surface change in the middle of the card.

These are just some of my own personal observations and annoyances I would like addressed. Would be very curious if others have their own things they would like changed.
1. Good idea....I'd also like to see the amounts of money in each entrant's trifecta and super pools....NYRA does show trifecta totals, but just once or twice during the betting period
2. I agree. Some tracks do not do this. Or they show it on a crawl so slow it rivals that old school cable tv channel guide.....
3. Use the base amount. Good idea.
4. Not seeing this happen. No other pro sport permits the public to hear discussions among officials when a ruling is under discussion....However, a clear explanation as to the ruling should always be made public at the time the decision is made. NFL style
5. This comes down to a case of money. Camera equipment is very expensive.
6 not sure what you are referring to here. Most tracks post entries at least 72 hours in advance.
7. Having the rules available for public consumption should be priority.
Every other pro and amateur sport has a rule book available to the public. Horse racing should be no different.
You have made some very good points here.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)