Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: PARS
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
JohnGalt1

I use Cynthia.

One tip for everyone who purchases par books, you must make adjustments during the year.

It's easy to take the 1:37.0 from track A 10k 2014 mile races and use it religiously throughout 2015, Sometimes tracks change. Maybe a new track super, or some other reason.

I have made adjustments to about two dozen surfaces this year.

One way to know if I'm accurate when comparing track A to track B, 0r C, is to verify with the DRF speed rating/ track variant when I change a rating.

If rating the horses from track A from a 1:37 par and the horses are running faster at track B, when they should be equal, I may adjust it to 1:36.2, or lower.

Then I verify if both horses have about equal DRF speed ratings/variants.

An example is I lowered Arlington Park's turf mile 3 ticks to equal Hawthorne's and Canterbury's main turf track, because I was finding AP shippers were being rated too slow when shipping and then running faster than my ratings. So now a 1:37 at CBY, AP, and Haw is equal in my ratings and in DRF ratings.

I hope this makes some sense.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)