Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #19
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Say what?
I was merely pointing out that I think Harrison is a blockhead, even though he's a fantastic football player, and that guys like him are necessary.

When it comes to sports and our favorite teams, most of us view these guys as robots on the field. We can pretend we care about them personally and blah blah blah...but all we really want them to do is behave when not on the field so they don't go to jail or get suspended by Lord Roger...PERIOD. Aside from our very favorite players I doubt many of us care too much about their off field lives and what they do after they retire from the NFL.
Most of us do care about what they do off field considering the amount of money they are getting paid to provide us entertainment. It's a sad state of affairs when thug type athletes are publicly rewarded for doing a job they are getting paid handsomely to do. What does it say as a society, and the message it sends our kids? Many would be humbled to get paid like this, and have several months off every year as well....
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)