Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #221
Luke22

I was doing a search and came across this forum. After reading all 15 pages of the posting I could not standby and let Glenn take such an undeserved bashing especially the earlier part of the posts. I have known Glenn for over 20 years now, 10 of which he has been my trainer. He may be considered to some of you as a “small time trainer” but I would not want anyone else. He truly cares about the horses and gives them the best care and feed….I know this because I have paid the bills and have seen first hand going to the barn almost daily during the meet. As an animal lover this was very important to me, neither he nor his father J. Willard Thompson ever had a horse test positive for illegal drugs in their career.

Grits thank you for taking the time to read the entire book and your comments. You do not even know Glenn and you hit the nail right on the head when you said “he is simply fed up with the status quo”. As you know from reading the book, he has been trying to handle things internally but when all the powers that be turned a deaf ear, he decided to go public with what he knew to be true. In reading the book you can get a sense of where Glenn is coming from and why he wrote it, reading some of the comments it was evident that most had not. Glenn is not going to make a fortune from $9.99 to those few that care enough about the welfare of horses to read this it, he is just trying his best to improve racing. Other horses and jockeys as well can get injured running with a horse that is not fit but given meds so they don’t feel pain and possibly breakdown causing a big spill. Instead of making harsh comments read the book and lets all try to work together to make a difference.

As far as the testing for illegal drugs, do you think the trainers who are doing it and the Vets don’t know which meds will not show up? Of course they do, and when they catch on to one drug they simply move on to finding another that won’t. The illegal meds are being given with the Lasix, being this is a diuretic it also conveniently flushes the system.

I am proud to have Glenn as my trainer and that he has the guts to speak up when he sees something wrong. He does not just bury his head in the sand like everyone else. I was there at the Breeders Cup right in front watching when George Washington broke his leg, I will never forget this for the rest of my life. When I heard what really happened it made me sick. It would be a dishonor to the horse that lost his life and other horses we may not know about to not tell the truth and try to make a difference so that it may never happen again.
Luke22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)