Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 08:10 AM   #10
lamboguy

keep in mind no matter how big your rebate is the adw keeps all the breakage. they probably make more from the breakage than they do from the takeout.

an adw will customize individual customers. some will give a flat rate for whatever type of bet you make, others will differentiate between pick 5's, exacta's, superfecta's and win bets. then depending on how much you play they have different percentages for what they will give you.

when i was in full swing i was carrying 5 different adw's because they featured different rates. if a track raises their rates like Sourthern California did a few years ago on their gimmick wagers i never received a notification and a boost up in my rebate for those bets. i never pursued them either because i rarely bet them. but i am sure some big players must have asked for an increase.

never the less, if i ran the game what i would do is straighten out the mechanics of the game, drop all rebates and lower the takeout to 10%. the game just got a good shot in the arm with the tax law changes and i seriously think it would be worthwhile now to put the effort in to make the mandatory changes the game needs as has been often discussed in these forums.

the players here are more educated about the game than in years past. to address the drug problems, the super trainer's and the after the bell betting is not that tough.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)