Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #7
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Agree...I think they'd rather have a major race fixing scandal than have to divulge rebate information.

That said, the big circuits keep raising signal fees, so unless you are betting through them or their ADW, my guess is rebates are shrinking as well.

Here is how I see it. Winners aren't winners until they take profits. Taking profits removes money from circulation. Your average Joe can only lose so much money on a weekly or monthly basis. Do tracks want whales getting the lion's share of that money, or themselves?
IMO...the betting-volume of the highly-rebated "mega-bettors" is WAY bigger than we think...and the tracks don't want to openly admit that they've lost as many unrebated "regular bettors" as they have. And...being forthright about the rebate benefits that they offer to these "select few" risks alienating the remaining "regular bettors" even more. So...they try to keep the "regular guy" as uninformed about the rebates as they can.

The tracks know that the hordes of horseplayers who have left the game are unlikely to return...and their only choice now is to try and keep these "mega-bettors" as happy as they can make them. Because...if these guys pack-up and leave as well...then it will be time for the game to fold its tent, and go away.

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-26-2017 at 11:22 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)