Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: 8 yo lynched
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 09:42 AM   #14
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Sounds like teen bully behavior.

I often wonder how parents raise kids who are bullies. It has to be learned from and acceptable by the parents. There's nothing that would make me more ashamed of my child and my job as a parent than if my child was mean and a bully.
I would be curious how much fault the parents have. 30 years ago girlfriend at the time had an 8 year old son who was picked on constantly. He seemed to be a normal kid except he was afraid to defend himself no matter how small the investigator and seemed to be brought to tears easily. This of course lead everyone to pick on him.

I used to dabble in amateur boxing, and was still doing the workouts and had a mini boxing gym in the garage. I decided to teach Mike how to box and some wrestling moves. In spite of his new found skills he refused to assert himself and was still getting bullied until,...................

Long story short, sometimes my nose would bleed easily, sometimes without being touched. Anyway while I fought on my knees only blocking, and moving I would let Mike land a few. He got me in the nose and out came blood. All of a sudden seeing he bloodied someone of my size his confidence and ego swelled. He reminded me daily of the bloody nose he gave me.

Long story short even though I told him you fight as a last resort and only in self defense, the kid was now a bully. Worse yet when a kid he picked on said he would tell his dad, Mike said I would come and beat his dad up.

Nothing I could do would stop Mike's bullying of other kids, revenge I guess. Not till a year or so after his mother and I went our separate ways did he return to normal. I kept tabs on him through my ex-girlfriend's brother.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)